“The Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® rating is the highest possible rating for an attorney for both ethical standards and legal ability. This rating represents the pinnacle of professional excellence. It is achieved only after an attorney has been reviewed and recommended by their peers – members of the bar and the judiciary.”
Short story about Timothy L. Miles, Esq.
Timothy L. Miles is a nationally recognized securities class action and shareholder rights attorney who has been leading the fight to protect shareholder rights for over 19 years. Mr. Miles received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee in 1993 and his J.D. from the Nashville School of Law in May 2001, graduating third in his class, and was made a member of the Honorable Society of Cooper’s Inn which is reserved for students graduating in the top ten percent of their class. He is admitted to practice before the Tennessee Supreme Court; the United States District Court for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Tennessee and the District of Colorado; and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Nashville Bar Association; National Trial Lawyers Association; and Harry Phillips American Inns of Court (Student Member 2000).
Mr. Miles has dedicated his career to representing shareholders in complex class-action litigation. Whether serving as lead, co-lead, or liaison counsel, Mr. Miles has helped recover hundreds of millions of dollars for defrauded investors, shaped precedent-setting decisions, and delivered real corporate governance reforms. Judges and peers have repeatedly recognized Mr. Miles’ relentless advocacy for shareholders, as well as his unbendable ethical standards.
For example, Mr. Miles is a member of the prestigious Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers: The National Trial Lawyers Association, which is by invitation only and is “extended to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership in their respective state based upon objective and uniformly applied criteria.” The National Trial Lawyers Association explained the significance of this honor: “With the selection of Timothy L. Miles by The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, [Mr.] Miles has shown that he exemplifies superior qualifications, leadership skills, and trial results as a trial lawyer. The selection process for this elite honor is based on a multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third party research.” Further, “[m]embership is extended only to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state or region who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile measured by objective and uniformly applied standards in compliance with state bar and national Rule 4-7.”
Mr. Miles other recognitions include:
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubble® (2014-2020)
- AV® Preeminent™ Attorney – Judicial Edition (2017-2020)
- Top Ranked Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell® and ALM (2019-2020).
- Top Rated Litigator by Martindale-Hubbell® and ALM (2019-2020).
- Elite Lawyer of the South by Martindale-Hubbell® and ALM (2019).
- PRR AV Preeminent Rating on Lawyers.com by Martindale-Hubble® (2018-2020).
- AV 5th Anniversary in 2019 by Martindale-Hubbell® (2018).
- The Top-Rated Lawyer in Litigation™ for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability by Martindale-Hubble® (Feb. 2015).
- Distinguished Lawyer, Recognizing Excellence in Securities Law, Lawyers of Distinction (2019)
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Premier Lawyers of America (2019).
- Superb Rated Attorney, (10.0 out of 10), the Highest Rating Possible by Avvo.
- Avvo Top Rated Lawyer (Avvo 2017-2018).
- America’s Most Honored Professionals – Top 1% (American Registry 2016-2018).
Mr. Miles focuses his practice on securities fraud class actions, shareholder derivative actions, and corporate mergers and acquisitions class actions.